The Husband and I are playing with a new podcast! I’ve been wanting to do one for Data Wonderment for a while, but thought it a safer space to fiddle with ideas and content through Patti Is Still Learning. It’s been a lot of fun getting to talk to John about what we want to talk about, actually doing it, and then seeing the count of people who actually listen and friends who tell me they really like it!
Some Lessons I’ve Learned
- A half-hour podcast takes about two hours to make using the Anchor App
- It’s really fun to have guest interviews (check out episode 2 and 3!)
- I don’t think we’ll ever not have something to talk about, but I’m wondering if the theme idea will hold up
- I can’t record and edit the podcast on Sunday after dinner because then I dream about fiddling with my phone while I sleep
- The Anchor App and my iPhone are really good for now – easy to use and good sound quality. I think I’ll want to keep using them for a while because it allows us to be flexible about the location we record it… and if we are trying to keep doing it once a week, we need that flexibility!
If you haven’t had a chance to listen to them, I’ve linked the images below to the Anchor pages (they currently don’t have an embed feature). I’m also trying to figure out the best way to incorporate the podcasts into my blog… I think this is it. If you know of a better way, let me know! And of course, you can always subscribe from your favorite podcast listening app. We’re on all of them!
2 thoughts on “Playing with Podcasts”
I’ve been exploring podcasts more lately and would love to start one of my own someday. For now, they are great to listen to as I am doing chores or winding down at the end of the day. Found you on Apple podcasts and look forward to hearing more there in the future.
Glad you liked it! We hope to make it better over time and appreciate any feedback!